Wednesday, February 29, 2012

hump day

everybody who knows me, knows that i come from a family who is very much in tune with music. (mostly my dads side) we never just listen to a song at face value. we can carry on a conversation about the rhythm, beat, vocals but something i feel connected to are the lyrics. lyrics captivate, inspire, motivate, and make me feel fabulous all at the same time. when singing a song, i am always listening to what they are saying and then i interpret it for me to apply it to my life. i don't know why i cant just listen to a song for what it is, but i consider it a lovely talent of mine.
i listen to all sorts of music. my favorites although, is indie, alternative rock, and "underground rap"f you will. i honestly can listen to everything but those are my particular genres. anyways, i love music. when i hear certain songs i instantly am taken back to the first time i heard it, what i was doing, and more importantly how i felt. for example, every time i hear the song Can't Stop by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, i remember going to their concert with my dad and watching them jam out on stage and just being like, THIS IS AWESOME!!!! every time i hear that song i just get immediately happy and just love it. so when i am doing things like hiking, running, cleaning my room, snowboarding etc, i listen to certain types of songs that put me at ease with whatever may be going on in my life.
so while i was driving up snowboarding last week, i was enjoying the mountain and all its beauty (dont even get me started on how i feel when i get in the mountains, you all will be bored to tears by my awe) and i was getting pumped for snowboarding and a certain song came onto my shuffle that day and this line in the song really hit me.. i hope you all can get whatever you need out of it and enjoy the rest of your week :)



"Look, I've never had a dream in my life
Because a dream is what you wanna do, but still haven't pursued
I knew what I wanted and did it till it was done
So i've been the dream that I wanted to be since day one!"




No comments:

Post a Comment