Tuesday, September 7, 2010

life is good

I have many things to be grateful and here are ten, just to name a few. Most of them are so cliché and would be considered a “regular” thing to be grateful for but the things we take for granite are the ones we need to realize we have the most.



1-I'm thankful for a family who loves and cares for me every day. They help me through thick and thin. Even though I don’t always think of turning to them with a problem, I know that every time I do they are more than willing to help in any way they can. Both of my parents have been tough on me sometimes be I know that they were always doing the best that they could and I appreciate that so much.

2-I'm thankful for a home to live in. I am glad that I never have to question where the or not I will have to sleep out in the cold or get wet while its raining. I'm overwhelmingly happy that I have some place to call a home.

3-I'm thankful for food. I love food, all sorts, shapes and kinds of it. But its so sad to think of how many people in the world, let alone our neighbors who go without every once in a while. I am so glad that I can open my fridge and even sometimes, be picky about what I do and don’t want to eat that day. I'm grateful that my parents provide me with that.

4-I'm thankful for my dog. Urgh, I am not a fan of our current dog auto but I sure am (secretly) glad to have him around. I'm glad that I have had my dogs Roo and Casey in my life as well. I was always able to talk to them and just lay in our backyard and talk to them. Roo and I would have talks under our apricot tree when I was sad about anything and I miss having him around…

5-I'm thankful for my close friends. Some of my friends, as I have mentioned before, have been so supportive and I can honestly consider some of them family. They are the ones I run to for help and direction in anything I am doing in my life and they have given me good advice and helped me along the way.

6-I’m thankful for the mountains, ocean and just the whole outdoors and the serenity it gives me and other people as well. I am so glad that on any given day I can just walk outside and enjoy all that is around me. I cannot imagine what it would be like to live in a different country and be confined to your house and not be allowed to go out and about as you please. God has truly created beautiful things for me, as well as everyone else to enjoy.

7-I’m thankful for the ability to see, hear, smell, taste and touch. I am so grateful for the health I am in and without the five senses I wouldn’t be able to experience some of the things that have happened in my life that have given me the greatest, and truest happiness.

8-I’m thankful for my religion. I question certain principles and such sometimes but I know, without a doubt that it is where I belong. I am thankful for the peace it has brought me in my life when I have been stressed or questioned where I should go with my life. I am also grateful for the direction it gives me every day.

9-I’m thankful for smiling and laughter. I am so glad that given most situations you can always find something to smile or laugh about. I am not always the best at this but I sure do try and I know that when I do try to find the happy and good in everything my day goes by much better.

10-I’m grateful for LIFE. its so good, wonderful, beautiful, mysterious.. everything all in one. I'm thankful to be apart of it all…

No comments:

Post a Comment